A full year course for learners with little or no experience of childcare, who would like to work in a Primary, Secondary or Special School setting. This L2 qualification is the industry standard to work in a supervised role. This course is suitable for learners wanting to work as a Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant or Special Educational Needs Assistant.
- Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Duration: 32 weeks
- Attendance: One 5 hour session per week.
- Childcare provision is available for this course, please speak to one of our Learner Services Officers for further details and information
- Child Development
- Health & Safety / Safeguarding
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Supporting learning activities
- Communication Skills
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Throughout the course you will build up a portfolio of work which is assessed by your tutor against the qualification criteria. This will include observations of your performance in your work placement. You will be given supportive feedback from your tutor on a weekly basis to help you develop your skills and regular tutorials will ensure you are on track to complete your qualification. Successful learners will achieve the CACHE L2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- To enrol on this course you must hold a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and be willing to work towards L2. You must also hold an Entry 3 qualification in Numeracy.
- You must be able to complete a 250 hour work placement at a school or nursery throughout the year. Learners are responsible for sourcing their own work placement prior to the course commencing.
- You must also be willing to complete a DBS check at enrolment.
- A Level 1 Childcare course or equivalent is not compulsory but would be advantageous.
ARE THERE ANY COSTS?
The course costs £60 per term, plus £30 for the cost of the qualification and fee remission may apply for those eligible (please ask for details). The cost of the DBS check is currently £44.
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
On completion, you would be able to enrol on a L3 Teaching Assistant course which is currently held at Kingsway Learning Centre and at Riverside College
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.