A course for those who would like to learn to read or improve reading skills in a structured way, guided and supported by a volunteer Reading Mentor.
- Duration:5 weeks
- Attendance: One 1 hour session per week
- Level: Pre-entry (no or low level reading skills)
- Sharing information about what you want to learn, your interests, motivations and aspirations
- Expectations of you and the volunteer Reading Mentor
- Planning an individual programme of learning with your Reading Mentor
- Use of the one-to-one reading scheme
How will I be assessed?
There is no exam or formal assessment at the end of this course. You will be given supportive feedback from your tutor on a weekly basis to help you develop your skills.
Are there any costs?
There are no costs for this course.
What will this course lead to?
- Development of speaking, listening, and communication skills through discussion
- Development of learner confidence, resilience and an optimistic mind-set
On completion you may want to enrol on a further 5 week course or consider progression to Entry 1 English courses. Your Reading Mentor will give you advice on progression options.
To find out more or to book a place on the course please contact:
Tel: 0151 511 7788 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Lead: Alison Bowen
Referral Procedure: Learner Services Officer to book a one-to-one appointment with the Curriculum Lead
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.