A 5 week course for beginners to build confidence in using a computer.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Attendance: One 2 hour session per week.
- You will work on an internet based programme (Learn My Way), with support from the class tutor and will build confidence in:
- Using the mouse
- Using the keyboard
- Using search engines
- Setting up an Email account
- You will need to bring a set of earphones to hear the programme
How will I be assessed?
- There is no exam or formal assessment at the end of this course. You will be able to work through an online assessment if you wish and you will be given supportive feedback from your tutor on a weekly basis to help you develop your skills.
What are the entry requirements?
- To enrol on this course you must be able to read and understand simple instructions (written and verbal)
- You will need to have basic number skills to use some applications
- You will need sufficient movement in your hands to be able to use a keyboard and mouse but we do have some adaptive equipment if required
- Access to a computer (to practice in-between sessions) would be an advantage but is not necessary
Are there any costs?
- No, the course is free of charge
What will this course lead to?
- On completion, you will be able to enrol on one of the accredited courses at either Acorn or Kingsway Learning Centres or at Riverside College.
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.