A 10 week course designed to introduce learners to the basics of using a computer.
- Duration: 11 weeks
- Attendance: One 2.5 hour session per week.
- Switching a computer on and off ( Logging on & off)
- Introduction to using a Keyboard & mouse.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Internet
- Online shopping
- Paying bills online
- Entertainment (theatre, transport etc)
- Online security
- Introduction to Email dependent upon skill level
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
At the end of the course you will complete an assessment to achieve a functional skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Entry Level 1
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- You must be able to read and understand simple instructions (written & verbal)
- You will need to have basic number skills to use some applications
- You will need sufficient movement in your hands to be able to use a keyboard and mouse but we do have some adaptive equipment if required
- Access to a computer (to practice in-between sessions) would be an advantage but is not necessary.
ARE THERE ANY COSTS?
No, the course is free of charge
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
On completion, you could enrol onto the First Step Computer course to advance your skills
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.