This excellent and creative course is a flexible approach depending on whether you would like to achieve an award or the certificate. Each unit will take a term and the full Qualification takes a year. If you wish to gain the certificate you must complete all of the units listed below.
- Duration: Each unit is a term length
- Attendance: This is a two and a half hour course once a week.
- Childcare provision is available for this course, please speak to one of our Learner Services Officers for further details and information
- Sampling fashion techniques. During this unit you will learn to experiment with a range of techniques and materials in fashion. Also looking at different materials, creating and use patterns, using different stitches, pockets, hems and cuffs.
- Make an unlined skirt. During this unit you will learn about the tools, equipment and materials needed to make an unlined skirt. You will develop knowledge about different materials to support with the designing and making of your skirt. You will draft a pattern to make your skirt before you create it.
- Make a pair of casual trousers. During this unit you will learn and develop the practical skills and knowledge needed to make a simple pair of casual trouser. Again looking at materials, patterning, design and construction.
- Exploring Design Ideas. Aspects of this unit cover health and safety regulations and how to work safely and effectively with different tools, equipment and materials.
How will I be assessed?
This is an accredited. You will be expected to create a portfolio for the units you complete, which will be assessed by your tutor and internally, quality assured by an internal verifier to ensure you meet the expected criteria to gain either the awards or overall certificate. Your tutor will give you regular feedback and support on the tasks you are asked to complete.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
There are no specific entry requirements, although some basic sewing skills and knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
Are there any costs?
The cost is £60 per term with a £30 registration fee. Although, fee remission may apply for those who are eligible (please ask for details).
What will the course lead to?
On completing the course you can then progress onto a Level 2 in Sewing, there are a variety of options to choose from at a range of different colleges. You could also progress onto our ‘Business and Marketing’ course to support you looking at the option of setting up your own small business or enterprise. You may also be interested in courses such as English, Maths or IT to develop your skills in these areas.
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.