An informative 5 week course for those who would like to carry out the role of Volunteer Reading Mentor to guide and support adults who want to learn to read or who struggle to read.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Attendance: One 2.5 hour session per week and 1 hour tutorial sessions
- Level: Fluent reading skills
- The role of the volunteer Reading Mentor
- Expectations of the volunteer Reading Mentor and expectations of the Adult Learning Service
- Introduction to the Adult pre-entry curriculum for Literacy
- Overview of the one-to-one reading scheme
- Develop teaching and learning resources to assist learners to gain reading skills and progress towards Entry 1 in a structured way
- Potential barriers to learning and actions to support the development of learner confidence, resilience and an optimistic mind-set
How will I be assessed?
There is no exam or formal assessment at the end of this course. You will be given supportive feedback from your tutor on a weekly basis to help you develop your skills
Are there any costs?
There are no costs for this course.
What will this course lead to?
On completion you may want to become a Volunteer Reading Mentor or consider progression to teaching qualification courses. Your tutor will give you advice on progression options.
To find out more or to book a place on the course please contact:
Tel: 0151 511 7788 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Lead: Alison Bowen
Referral Procedure: Learner Services Officer to book appointment for an Information Session or a meeting with Curriculum Lead
ue vulputate massa nec feugiat fringilla. Fusce at euismod augue. Maecenas quis leo id lectus vestibulum interdum. Ut ut rhoncus risus, nec viverra nisl. Curabitur vitae nulla id eros interdum egestas ac sed odio.